How to maintain my sail ?
A good maintenance of your shade sail will increase its longevity.
All our advice for the maintenance of your installation
When to remove the shade sail ?
Shade sails can remain installed for the majority of the year. It is recommended to remove them :
- - In case of strong winds (+ 60km/h)
- - During the winter to avoid all deterioration risks (weight of snow on the sail, ice, continuous bad weather…)
- - When you will be away for a relatively long period of time (such as leaving on holiday…)
How to clean my sail ?
Our sails are treated against dirt. The canvases also resist to grease and pollution.
For frequent cleaning, it is recommended to dust the sail by aspiration, air insufflation, or with a soft brush to eliminate all surface particles.
To remove finger or grease stains use soap and lukewarm water.
To eliminate watery stains, absorb and rub with humid cloth.
- - Do not store your sail if it is humid.
- - Never use detergents or chemical products.
- - Do not put your sail in a washing machine.
If you wish for a an in-depth cleaning there exists adapted products such as our shade sail cleaner.